News - New Buildings and Resources Update
I'm in the process of adding the new buildings and resources that were talked about in a previous news post. As of right now, the ones I settled on are:
- Farms that produce food
- Mines that produce ore
- Refineries that produce fuel
- Factories that consume ore and produce weapons, composites, or luxuries
- Infrastructure that increase max population before unhappy penalty
- Labs that produce tech
- Bases that increase maximum fleet size and provide active defense
- Markets that increase maximum stored resources and increase trade capacity
- Monuments that increases happiness, morale, and factional loyalty
- Food is consumed by your population
- Ore is used by factories to make more resources
- Fuel is used to take military actions (move and attack)
- Weapons are used to make units
- Composites are used to make more buildings
- Luxuries are consumed by higher level populations
- Fissiles are used for nukes
- Tech makes everything better
- Population works in buildings and is taken units
All of the above nine resources can be bought and sold on the market. At a later date, you will be able to buy and sell whole planets and fleets too. As before, the above resoruces and buildings replace the existing ones. Your existing counts will be converted. More units are coming at a later date.
Eras and upgrades are also being removed in favor of "tech" which is produced by labs. The more tech you have, the more efficient all of your stuff is. More ore production and stronger units for example. Your current era and upgrade count will be converted over to tech.
Happiness will be a property of populations on planets. Unhappy populations produce less, may riot, and make occupations easier. Too many or too few jobs, not enough food or luxuries, not enough infrastructure, too many wars, occupying forces, and more make populations unhappy. Population growth will be around a few percent, but is also a function of happiness.
Similarly, fleets now have morale and experience. Morale goes up when they win, down when they lose and is influenced by the happiness on your planets. Experience is gained from every battle and makes the fleet stronger as it gains more experience.
In general I am trying to get rid of hard caps. For example, your population will grow regardless of how much infrastructure you have. If your population grows too much beyond what your infrastructure count can support, happiness will suffer. They will eventually riot and many may die if not corrected. I am also planning to reduce the scale of buildings. Instead of buying thousands each turn you will only buy tens.