Codex - A Tutorial
Welcome to The Fall. In this game you can compete against or cooperate with other players in a free-for-all science fiction universe. You can always find help on our forums at http://forums.the-fall.net/ or in #thefall on Coldfront IRC.
FinancesYou can collect resources several times a day from EMPIRE > FINANCES once the Collection Multiplier reaches 1.0. Your empire runs on three main resources:
- Currency : Needed to purchase military, infrastructure, upgrades to both, and lets you advance in Era. Collected from Population.
- Population : Lets you collect taxes in Currency and raise troops. Requires Civil Services infrastructure to grow population capacity. Growth rate starts high and lowers as you advance.
- Build Credits : Needed to build military and infrastructure. Requires Industry infrastructure to gain more build credits per collection.
Infrastructure and EraContinue buying infrastructure from EMPIRE > INFRASTRUCTURE to increase your planet's capabilities. You can also buy improvements to the effectiveness and price of infrastructure. There are five types of infrastructure:
- Military : Increases the amount of troops you can deploy offworld.
- Transportation : Increases trade income and population growth.
- Civil Services : Increases population capacity and tax income.
- Communications : Increases military effectiveness in battle.
- Industry : Increases the number of Build Credits gained per collection.
War and PoliticsRecruit troops from EMPIRE > UNITS to invade other worlds for fun and profit. There are five kinds of military units:
- Infantry : Cheap and plentiful ground forces.
- Main Battle Tanks : Expensive but effective ground forces.
- Fighters : Cheap and plentiful orbital forces with no cargo capacity.
- Titans : Expensive and effective, titans are needed to carry all other unit types to the enemy. They are a requirement for invasions.
- Antimatter Weapons : Expensive antimatter-catalyzed nuclear missiles devastate enemy fleets or armies.